These document refers to terms and conditions outlined in the Hirer and Owner Terms. Please see more information at www.camplify.co.uk/terms A.
1. Camplify provides Breakdown cover via the RAC for Camplify Equipment driven by hirers and booked through the platform. The level of breakdown cover is based on your liability cover chosen. There are 2 levels; a. Standard. Standard cover is included with Standard Liability cover. b. Premium. Premium is included with Silver or Gold Liability cover. Information about adding a Liability cover can be found here; https://www.camplify.co.uk/terms-conditions-hirers
2. A Breakdown event is defined as a mechanical or faulty Equipment. It is not as a result of an accident, or misuse of the Equipment. If any breach of the Camplify Terms has occurred Camplify may recover all funds from the Hirer.
3. Breakdown Cover for Europe is broken down into 2 Zones. (standard for countries in zone 1 and 2, premium for countries in zone 3) Zone 1 and 2 Zone 3 Andorra Austria Belgium Denmark France Finland Germany Gibraltar Luxembourg Italy Monaco Liechtenstein Netherlands Norway Republic of Ireland Portugal San Marino Spain (excluding Ceuta and Melilla) Sweden Switzerland Vatican City Albania Armenia Azerbaijan Belarus Bosnia Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Estonia Georgia Greece Hungary Kosovo Latvia Lithuania Macedonia Malta Moldova Montenegro Poland Romania Russian Mainland (west of the Urals) Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Turkey plus Uskudar Ukraine
C CAMPLIFY UK TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BREAKDOWN COVER i. Keys replacement. If during the hire period your keys are lost, stolen, locked in or broken, we will provide the cover and in addition:
1. Reprogramming of the electronics so your locks, alarm and immobiliser still work;
2. A hire car (please see hire car terms) or up to £80 for alternative transport to keep you going while we attend to the keys for your vehicle.
3. Please note: we will ask you to produce evidence that you own the keys, for example a copy of your V5C certificate or Camplify booking confirmation email with your details on it. ii. Vehicle break-in emergency repairs. If the vehicle suffers damage to windows, windscreens or locks caused by forcible entry or attempted forcible entry, although this is not a breakdown we will reimburse you for: 1. immediate emergency costs incurred in order to continue your journey up to £80 per person or £350 for the whole party, whichever is less.: or 2. the costs of recovering the vehicle to a local repairer to ensure your vehicle is secure and roadworthy iii. Onward Travel. If we attend a breakdown, and cannot fix your 1. vehicle on the same day, we will help you by making arrangements to allow you to continue your journey. You can choose one of the following options, based on your circumstances and subject to availability: 2. Hire car; 3. Alternative transport; or 4. Overnight accommodation. iv. Hire car. Hire cars must be arranged with us within 24 hours of the breakdown. v. Alternative transport. If you would prefer to continue your journey by air, rail, taxi or public transport, we will reimburse you for a standard class ticket up to £80 per person or £350 for the whole party, whichever is less. vi. Overnight accommodation. You may decide that waiting for your vehicle to be fixed is best for you. We will arrange one night’s bed and breakfast accommodation, up to a value of £80 per person or £350 for the whole party, whichever is less. b. Not Covered i. Key Replacement. In addition to the Not covered part of Household keys, which also applies here, we do not cover; 1. Keys that break due to wear or ageing; 2. Costs relating to the Electronic Control Unit in the vehicle. 3. Replacement keys in the first 2 days of hire unless we agree otherwise. 4. Replacement locks that are already damaged prior to claim. CAMPLIFY UK TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BREAKDOWN COVER 5. Any losses or delays to your holiday which result from losing, breaking or having your keys stolen, for example, missing onward travel (ferry or flight). ii. Vehicle break-in emergency repairs. The cost of any parts CAMPLIFY UK TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BREAKDOWN COVER C. Inclusions for European Cover 6. Standard and Premium Coverage; a. Covered. Included in Standard and Premium. If your vehicle breaks down in Europe during a journey, we will send help to either: i. Repair the vehicle at the roadside. This could be a permanent or temporary repair; or ii. If we are unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside, we will: 1. recover the vehicle and passengers to a local garage for fault diagnosis on the vehicle; 2. help you purchase replacement parts if they cannot be found locally b. Not Covered. i. Please see the “Not covered” part of section B (Inclusions for UK cover), which also applies here 7. Premium Coverage; a. Covered. Premium Only i. Connecting flights. If we attend a breakdown and you miss your prebooked connection, we will reimburse you for the costs of a replacement standard class ticket to allow the passengers to continue the journey. ii. Onward travel to Europe. If your vehicle has a breakdown during a journey in Europe and we establish that the repairs cannot be completed on the same day, we will help you by making arrangements for the passengers to continue the journey. You can choose one of the following options, based on your circumstances and subject to availability (see terms below): 1. Hire car; or 2. Alternative transport; or 3. Additional accommodation expenses. iii. Hire car. A hire car as a replacement until your vehicle has been fixed, up to the limits in this policy and schedule. iv. Alternative transport. A standard class ticket for travel by air, rail, taxi or public transport up to a value of £150 per person or £600 for the whole party, whichever is less. v. Additional Accommodation. You may decide that waiting for your vehicle to be fixed is best for you or may be required to end your holiday if the vehicle cannot be repaired. We will arrange and pay for additional accommodation expenses for up to two nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation, up to a value of £80 per person or £350 for the whole party (per night), whichever is less. b. Not Covered. i. Connecting Flights. The cost your of:
1. connections for travel outside your booking dates; CAMPLIFY UK TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BREAKDOWN COVER 2. transport to a destination outside of the territorial zone covered by your plan; or 3. the original travel ticket. ii. Onward travel to Europe. The cost of transporting you and your passengers to collect your hire car, getting to a station or travel to your hotel. Cover under this section will stop once:
iii. Alternative Accommodation. Accommodation where you have suitable alternative accommodation you can use IMPORTANT: Motorways in France and many other European countries are privately managed. If your vehicle breaks down or is in a road traffic collision on a French motorway, motorway service area, or other European private motorway, please contact us immediately. We may ask you to use the roadside emergency telephones as we may not be allowed to send assistance. If the vehicle is recovered by the police or authorised motorway services, you will be required to pay labour and towing charges on the spot and a standard tariff is normally applied. We will reimburse the towing charges as long as the vehicle is towed to the authorised recovery company’s depot. This may also apply to other roads, however, rest reassured that we will provide all possible assistance.
8. The following schedule details the maximum threshold applicable to a Breakdown event in the Camplify Equipment. Standard Cover Premium Cover Roadside assistance (UK and EU zone 1 & 2) Roadside assistance (UK and EU zone 3) Taxi cost for passengers up to 20 miles Taxi cost for passengers up to 20 miles Recovery Onward travel UK One of the following options: CAMPLIFY UK TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BREAKDOWN COVER Hire a car: up to 72 hrs hire Alternative transport: a standard class ticket up to £80 per person or £350 for the whole party, whichever is less. Overnight accommodation: one night’s bed and breakfast, up to a value of £80 per person or £350 for the whole party, whichever is less. Overnight accommodation: one night’s bed and breakfast, up to a value of £80 per person or £350 for the whole party, whichever is less. Key replacement Vehicle break-in emergency repairs Onward travel EU One of the following options: Hire a car: up to 72 hrs hire Alternative transport: a standard class ticket up to £150 per person or £600 for the whole party, whichever is less. Overnight accommodation: one night’s bed and breakfast, up to a value of £80 per person or £350 for the whole party, whichever is less. CAMPLIFY UK TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BREAKDOWN COVER D. Hirers Terms
9. Hirers must request services directly from us, as we will only provide cover if we make arrangements to help them. If a hirer needs assistance please refer them to RAC 0333 202 1872 quoting CAMP01 or the Camplify team on 0330 808 1811 – [email protected]
10. Breakdowns caused by a component failure that stops the Camplify Equipment from working, so for example an air–conditioning failure, do not constitute a breakdown. If it does not, you will need to take your Camplify Equipment to a place of repair. Based on the issue you or the Equipment Owner will be liable for the cost of assistance.
11. The Authorised Driver of the Camplify Equipment must be with the Camplify Equipment at the time of breakdown and when assistance attends.
12. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to your personal belongings within the Camplify Equipment.
13. Animals are not permitted in the recovery vehicles, except for guide dogs. We will not be responsible for any costs relating to animals.
14. We do not guarantee that recovery to any garage will be during opening hours, or that repairs can start immediately. Whilst we will try to check that the garage will undertake the type of repairs required, we cannot guarantee this.
15. During extreme weather, riots, war, civil unrest, industrial disputes, our services can be interrupted. We will resume our service to you as soon as we can in these circumstances.
16. The level of cover provided by Camplify is indicated in this document and on the policy schedule. Hirers or owners are liable for the payment of any difference in pricing, should costs exceed the policy cover (for example, for onward accommodation etc).
17. In the event of extenuating circumstances, Camplify takes no responsibility if some of the roadside assistance services are suspended or not available.